Tuesday, September 26, 2006

#20 - Hugs Everyone

Soooooo......this is it! The list is finally coming to an end. And what a great quality to end on!



I think the world needs more hugging. I actually really love hugging people (despite what all you think of me!). I'm just super extra careful not to overstep anyone's bounds though. And yeah, okay, I'm just not naturally a touchy person. What can I say??!? My family was never very affectionate.


"So Dan, if you think people should hug more, why wouldn't you want to be with someone who hugs everyone??!" Well, I would say the main reason is because I've been burned by girls in high school who were very huggy. They didn't know me, I just met them, they were very huggy, and then when they got to know me they didn't want to talk to me anymore. That sucked...


So I've come to take my hugging very seriously. Hugging means a lot to me. I won't hug you unless I really care about you. I will hug people I've just met, but only if I have a good idea of who they are. Therefore, I don't really want to be with someone who gives their hugs away so freely. Why do you have to hug everyone??? Why invade my personal space so suddenly??? I'm sure most huggers aren't "cheap" with their hugs, but that's the impression I get. I probably should get over that, but I don't want to...so if you like to hug everyone, keep your hugs away from me!



(this quality was inspired by those huggy high school jerks, as well as Shera and Melissa)

12 comments:

Flip Flops Anonymous said...

I really like the video!! And, oh my goodness, that elderly lady is so flippin cute!! (especially when she pats his face...I felt the love...I may have even teared up...). Heck, I want to hug her!! I would definitely give that guy a hug!! That's awesome. Ok, but I gotta say...some people are better huggers than others. I don't like the 'weak' hugs where someone barely touches you and pats your back. C'MON!! I want a hug with some squeeze to it!!

Megs said...

wow... this is it... it's over, i'm sad. honest what do I have to look forward to...i ...i ..i'm lost.

OK not so much. but i did enjoy it while it lasted.

kathleen marie said...

I love hugs! Except that the pic of the body builder guys is sick Dan, just sick...anyways, back to hugs...you know it's funny cause i think it's one of those things that you like to give, but as you're giving, you're actually receiving it as well...a bonus.

I think you should start another list. I don't have any ideas of topics...but I need something to look forward to! :)

kathleen marie said...

Oh, and I agree about the weak hugs...it's like the weak handshakes...I don't know which one's worse.

Anonymous said...

well my friend, i contend that this list of yours is your secret way of unmasking the denial you're in...without saying it outright.
this list of yours lays out the perfect woman for you. why? because you have a mustache man! any single white male with a mustache has got to be hiding something...and you're hiding your true desires...well not really because you posted them all on this blog.
just like elementary school, making fun of those you really life is the classic flirtateous move...you've been found out man...admit it!

that's us... said...

i agree with paul...either lose the stash or let's find you that country lovin' red head!

DAve and JAnie said...

You do things like this on purpose.. posting stash pics and the like. Ya know, a better facial hair move would be a soul patch. That's what i dig, although i realize you aren't trying to get my digging.

I think you look basically the same, just a little taller and hairy.

I will be out the whole week, i will track you down.

Hope you find a cute child to procreate with. That came out wrong.

Janie

brent said...

"I'm just super extra careful not to overstep anyone's bounds though."

Right. Grabber. You know what you are Dan.

brent said...

Incidently, at Creation, they sold "Free Hugs" tshirts this year. Unfortunately, some buyers (and wearers) of the shirts felt they could discriminate against whom they hugged (FREE?). Also, others felt that wearing the shirt meant they could go and grab anyone they wanted, like free meant you had to take it. Sigh.

I did like the video alot though!

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

wow! all those comments were gold...so funny.

Jaclyn_Rose said...

Weak hugs are very bad, but understandable if the person just doesn't really like hugging, but doesn't want to be rude. The worst is the "huggy" people who are always instigating the hug, but then give weak hugs...I know a girl like that.

Anonymous said...

So you really only like to hug people that don't enjoy hugging?
Or elite huggers making you feel like you've been chosen?