Wednesday, September 20, 2006

#18 - Listens to Country Music

Click here if you wish to reacquaint yourself with "The List"


There is nothing wrong with girls who like country music. It is a personal taste in music that I just can't share. It doesn't make sense to me, I don't get why anyone would like it...but I know people feel the same way about me liking Star Trek and Red Dwarf. I would like to be with someone who shares the same musical tastes as me. It would be very frustrating for me to have to compromise and listen to country music. I don't think I could do it.

So to all you country music fans, continue to listen to your music. Some songs I can even tolerate (Dixie Chicks have some good tunes). This post is not very funny. In fact, it makes me sad to think about people who like country music, cause I really feel bad for them. I'm so sad because I know there's no way I can convince them the music isn't helping anyone. So they will continue to listen to this music...and I'll continue to be sad.


I'm going to listen to my emo music now...



(this quality was inspired by Jenn and Nancy)

9 comments:

Megs said...

oh dashboard. haha. ok so i pretty much LOATH country and am not ashame of saying it...and I hate it when people are like just give this or that person a try. HECK NO. ...confessoin though. i really really like "i'm not ready to make nice" by the dixie chicks...so much so that i bought the cd for it...i should've just downloaded it though, cuz i definatly dont ever listen to the cd ...oh well. and don't feel sorry for these people, they are sick, but they can do soemthing about it!...sorry i'm passionate about this one.

Tyco Montoyo said...

Ya, I have come out of my cloud...

However, I still love Alison... but that's it.

arbyn said...

You've seen High Fidelity, right?

Your post reminded me of a quote, although it's about pop music, not country. However, that aside, I do think it's applicable and I've swapped "country" for "pop".

"Do I listen to country music because I'm miserable? Or am I miserable because I listen to country music?"

Anonymous said...

country is to music as narrative is to Scripture...

Nater said...

One time Dan was riding in a car with the illustrious Jeremy Thompson and I, and we sang "we didn't start the fire." Dan was the back up vocalist.

Jaclyn_Rose said...

Haha - you and Conor and the most opposite of music tastes...I think your goal in life is to convert him from country to emo - good luck

Jerthom said...

"We didn't start the fih ahh" (Dan singing in a high high voice) haha...good times

rachel joy said...

That Dixie Chick is wearing a choker. I guess you'll never date her. Another fish out of your shrinking sea.

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

nate and jer - i had the easy part...i envy you guys for memorizing all dem classic lyrics

paul - that is so ridiculous...how long has country music even been around?!? i think its more apt to say country is to music as heresy is to scripture.