Tuesday, September 05, 2006

#2 - Australian Accent

When I hear a female speaking in an Australian accent, I have only one reaction...Eeeyuck!!!



I don't know what it is, but it is probably the most unattractive sound to me. One specific example...I hate the way they say "no". It's more like, "Nahyee". Haha! I'm not even joking, it sounds that stupid!!!

And I'm not the only one who feels this way. Let me provide you with a quote from a very influential man (who happens to be up on the times):

"... their voices are unbelievably ugly, and one never quite gets over the shock of hearing some lovely girl speak for the first time.... Too many women talk with a strident, saw-like whine that is indescribable"

J D Pringle, Austr
alian Accent (1958)


Oh Pringle! I could not have said it better myself. (I know it's a weird picture, it's the only one I could find of him).

Normally I would apologize here for being so insensitive, because I'm usually such a nice guy, but I must bear my soul on this one and give you the truth as I see it. My poor sister has to endure this torture everyday!


okay, maybe i can make one exception...

(This quality was inspired by Nicole Kidman, Suzette (Torch), and Naomi Watts)

5 comments:

Tyco Montoyo said...

I think Australian accents are rather hot. I don't think I can be your friend anymore.

Jerthom said...

Is it "nahyee" or more like "nore" I know when I was in Australia we played a lot of "Mahcor polar" that's Marco Polo to normal civilization. good times...good times

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

you know what? i have no clue what they're saying...i don't think theres an 'r' in there though. i was thinking it might be Noy-ee...i can't figure it out!

Tyco Montoyo said...

I remember when Suzette (a.k.a. torch) would tell me to "Fat" on someone and I couldn't understand why she would want me to fat on someone. so, we went back and forth saying,
Tyco: "Fat?"
Suz: "Fat!"
T: "Fat?"
S: "Fat!"
T: "I don't get it...Fat?!"
S: "Yes, FAT!!"
T: "I don't understand why I would fat on someone?"
S: "I mean FART!"
T: "Ohhhhhh!!! Why didn't you say so?"

Aussie's can't say "R." They would make poor pirates.

Jaclyn_Rose said...

It's not that they can't say 'r', it's that they say them at the wrong time!