Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Finish Line

Last night I finally did it! I have now seen ALL 52 HITCOCK MOVIES!!!!! Can you believe he pretty much made a movie every year? That's incredible. A big thanks to Amy, Megan, and Phil for helping me watch the last 5 movies during Lent!!!

Of the last batch that I saw, some were really good. Some were absolutely horrible. For those who care, these are my favorites of the ones I just watched:


The Lodger
The first and best silent movie I have ever seen.


The Farmer's Wife
A silent romantic comedy! Who woulda thunk?!?


Rebecca
I guess it won the Best Picture Oscar for a reason.


The Paradine Case
So much depth, I loved it!


Downhill
Loyal to the end.

These ones were the most painful:


Number Seventeen
In my opinion, the worst Hitchcock movie! The sets were so lame, the editing was terrible, oh everything about this movie was a mess (athough the trains at the end were pretty cool).


The Man Who Knew Too Much
I like the remake so much more than this one. The acting and the pace was pretty awful here.


The Ring
Supposedly a great Hitchcock movie, but it bored me and the plot really pissed me off.


Easy Virtue
I change my mind...THIS is the worst Hitchcock movie!!! Number Seventeen actually was intriguing cause it was so weird, but this one was soooo boring. What a sad movie that just leaves you feeling empty.

These ones were surprisingly better than I thought they would be:


Juno and the Paycock
Supposedly a terrible Hitchcock movie, due to the thick Irish accents. However, I found it easier to understand than some of his other movies PLUS I loved the characters.


Skin Game
Also got bad reviews, but I thought it was entertaining.


Murder!
A nice little murder mystery that even involved homosexuality! Very interesting for a film from the 1920s.


Waltzes from Vienna
Hitchcock's only musical, and I loved the music! Plus it was a cute story.


The Manxman
A true tragedy. The lesson? Always tell the truth sooner than later.

1 comment:

Megs said...

so weird to see the "Rebecca" picture in colour!