Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Birthday Present to Someone Special

Today is the 26th birthday of my favourite person in the world. You know how I made that list before and said all that stuff about how you shouldn't have favourites? Well, I have to admit that after much introspection there is, without a doubt, one clear person that is my favourite:

My sister.


Jaclyn Rose Sweeney. Sorry Mom, sorry Robyn, sorry Josh, sorry Kortney, you are all second place to Jackie (seriously, I'm not even joking).




Jackie and I were quite close growing up. I remember when we first moved to Fort St. John we lived in a motel and the two of us prepared a play for our parents...but I think we might have been too embarrassed to actually perform it.


We also shared a room for a few years. In FSJ there was a dresser with this big mirror that we put between our two beds. One night I kicked it, the leg broke, and the mirror crashed down on top of me. Well, it didn't smash or actually even touch me, it more hit the wall. Neither of us got up, we just went back to sleep (I don't think Jackie even woke up).


But then nastiness befell us. I hit my teens and was "too cool" for Jackie. Plus our parents separated and I had a lot of inner anger issues that I took out on Jackie. Those were the dark ages.

We didn't talk much through high school, and when we did it was usually yelling. After I moved out of the house we talked even less. But thankfully, after I moved back home to go to CBC I admitted my mistakes to her and we began to be friends again.


oh man, I love Conor's hair in this picture...


And I have to say, my time living with her and Mom while at CBC were some of the best times of my life. I loved being able to come home and joke around but also have serious discussions with Jackie.

I totally fell in love with her, but I hardly ever say that because it's kinda awkward, haha. But I love her more than anyone else. She is funny, intelligent, hard-working, thoughtful, sincere, beautiful, compassionate, etc, etc, etc. I'll stop there.


I was even extremely honoured to propose the toast to her at her wedding. Umm, I'm not crying, my eyes are just a little sweaty today....




And the adventures continue...

I've been saving something special for Jackie ever since I found it on the internet. It is with much love and blessings that I pass this on to her.

So Jackie,





without further ado,












I now present










your 26th birthday present











from me








5...






4...







3...









2....










1.........






HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!


Look Jackie, it's Jesus praying over you and your unborn baby!

At first glance I thought this picture was outside, but that's a living room?!? But it's so oddly proportioned. And why does Jesus have no feet??????????? I like the cats though, and the ray of sunlight coming down on the tummy.

It even kinda looks like you! Haha...


Happy Birthday Sister!

Love, Dan

1 comment:

Demara said...

Bahaha That is the funniest picture you found ever! What the hay?!?!? no feet? two cats? and grassy floors? haha I can't take this huge wide mouthed grin off my face! haha and you are right it does look like Jackie in the picture a bit too! Weird, but awesome findings!!!

And I think the brother tribute to a sister on her pregnant birthday is so honoring and awesomonly cool!

I miss my brother...
:'0(
my eyes are just sweaty today too.