Wednesday, June 10, 2009

White Spot


I have a long and deep love and appreciation for White Spot. Whenever we went there as a kid, it was always an excited adventure!


One thing we used to do was guess the number of the next waitress to be called. On the ceiling there was this box that had numbers that would light up to signal something to the waitresses and we would each pick the number we thought would light up next. That was fun.


And I loved getting the pirate pack!!! Actually I remember at one time it was a treasure chest. I'm not sure if that was before the pirate ship or if that was just something special for that time. It always amazed me how they incorporated the meal into the pirate ship. There was a special compartment for the burger and the fries and the drink and the ice cream and the gold chocolate coin. But I especially loved how they used the straw as the mast!!! Ingenius.


The thing I loved the most about White Spot was their Triple O sauce. That stuff was amazing! It always oozed out the back of the burgers giving me a chance to attack it with my fries. So good! I loved Triple O sauce so much that for the most part, everytime I went to White Spot I would have to have a burger. I could get all the other food on this menu somewhere else, but Triple O sauce? Nope, I could only get it there.

But something happened...

I think it was on the ferry to the Sunshine Coast...

They always have White Spot on the ferries...


I ordered the BC burger, as usual...

And something wasn't right...

My burger

tasted

like

cigarettes!!!


I was absolutely disgusted! I couldn't finish it.

And there have been a number of times since when I've eaten a White Spot burger and tasted a hint of cigarettes. I don't know why that is? Is it just me? Did something in my taste buds change or did something in their burgers change?


I still like Triple O sauce, but then by the time I near the end of the burger I start to feel sick. This isn't necessarily because of the cigarette taste, but just something about the Triple O sauce isn't agreeing with me.


So I had a BC burger on the ferry back home from the island last weekend cause I was craving the sauce. And for the last time I felt sick. Yes, the last time. I am giving up on White Spot burgers. I'm sure this will only be a phase, but for now we need to break up.

I smelled cigarettes yesterday and immediately thought of White Spot burgers. I have definitely made the right decision...

1 comment:

Jay said...

Wow, I never noticed that when I go... but then I don't get there very much and I tend to get a chicken burger. Strange... but I still am craving a burger now. Haha