Saturday, June 27, 2009

3D


I saw Up in 3d tonight. The movie was really good (although I think Wall-E is better). I was surprised by how much I liked the 3d though. It really made me appreciate the movie more. I saw another movie in 3d a long time ago and it was pretty good, but this one was amazing with the colors and visuals. Oh, and they have 3d movies at Disneyland, but they're not nearly as good either. Yeah, this blew me away.

But Amy didn't even really notice it. And someone else told me they forgot it was in 3d by the end. I'm not sure how you could not notice it? I guess maybe cause it doesn't jump out of the screen. But for me it was like looking through a window. Sorta. How else to describe it? It doesn't come out of the screen, but it does go into it. Make sense?


Oh well, I loved the experience. I'm sad I didn't get to see Coraline in 3d.

3 comments:

amanda said...

saw coraline in 3d. definitely the parts where you notice it is when a character passes by a window and you're able to see depth perception better.
i also think Up was better than wall-e

Phil said...

I can't wait for Avatar to come out in 3d...3D is back!

A J Craig said...

Y'know its funny, you are the second person I know who has used the whole window analogy, and I think it is the best description of the effect. I loved Up in 3d, and loved that it didnt "throw things" at me all the time, it just happened to be in 3d and I thought it was great.