Friday, June 12, 2009

Thoughts From Lent

So lately I've been thinking about this past Lenten season. I always give stuff up for Lent, but this year was unique for some reason. Even though it is months later, I find myself stopping to think, "Oh should I be doing this?"

For example, one of the things I gave up was watching movies by myself. So I'll start watching a movie with Amy and think, "Good, I'm not watching this movie by myself..." and then realize, "Oh, it's not Lent anymore. I could be watching this alone if I wanted to."

Or I'll go to drink a pop and I'll think, "Don't do it, it's not good for you, and you know you don't really want to. You gave it up so easily for Lent, just put it away!" But then I drink it anyways. And then it makes my throat all gurgly because I don't know how to burp.

I'm trying to think more and more, "Why do I do the things I do?"

Why do I watch so many movies?

Why do I avoid people?

Why do I laze around when I could be more active?

I kinda wish Lent was longer.

1 comment:

kortney said...

You could make it longer.
And really? You don't know how to burp?