Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fire David Letterman!!!


Last night I was watching David Letterman and he kept making these jokes about a protest down the street that was calling for CBS to Fire Dave!

I thought it had to be a joke, cause why would people protest David Letterman? Surely they were being silly, something to do with Conan O'Brien now or something...I don't know.

So then as I was catching up on the media news this morning (which I do everyday actually, is that sad?) I discovered that there actually was a serious Fire Dave! rally outside his studio. People were actually angry at Letterman and it's all because of jokes he made about Sarah Palin's daughter. I think it's all ridiculous and people didn't really understand his jokes, but here are a few comments people were making at the rally:

"At least Jay Leno had interesting people; this schmuck has nobody! You know what ’schmuck’ means in Jewish?"

"Is someone making jokes about his child? Especially when, you know, he had a daughter out of wedlock himself."

"How dare he? When he has a bastard son, and a slut for a wife."

"Keep children safe from David Letterman’s mouth! He will rape them with his mouth! He is a child abuser! He is a verbal pedophile!"

Seriously, I can't believe people are that upset about Letterman's comments. Even Conor, an adamant Letterman hater, wouldn't stoop that low.



Poor crazy Americans. I hope they get over it. Actually, can I start a new conspiracy theory? Let's just say this is Sarah Palin's attempt to stay in the media spotlight so she can become a contender again in 4 yrs. This article points out that Leno made an equally distasteful joke about Sarah Palin's daughter back in September and no one got pissed off then...

1 comment:

Shane said...

So do you know what ’schmuck’ means in Jewish?