Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Blockbuster!!?!


When Blockbuster first introduced their "No Late Fees" campaign, I was skeptical. How could they afford to lose late fees??? Not only would they lose money from people not returning their movies on time, they would also lose a lot of money from the late fees themselves. It just didn't seem feasible to me.

And then I discovered they had a restocking fee if you didn't return the movie within a week past the due date, and they would charge you the full price for the movie if you just kept it. I guess I can see them making some money there, but still, seemed like more of a hassle for everyone.


So I wasn't too surprised to discover just recently that Blockbuster has brought back their late fees. And I would just like to say, I hate them for doing it! I had become so used to not feeling the pressure of returning a movie, that now I completely forget when it's due. Any day now I'm going to get busted for a late fee, all because they made me accustomed to not caring when I return it!


I just discovered that a local video store in Ladner accepts Blockbuster coupons. I've been disappointed with the Blockbuster selection lately, so I think it's time for me to switch over!


On another note, at the Ladner Blockbuster they have a movie called "Blockbuster" starring my buddy Josh Hughes!! You should really check it out sometime in the Drama section...

3 comments:

Jay said...

Ladner Videoland is so much better, we haven't been to Blockbuster to rent something in over 3 years or more. Although, I may need to go check that Hughes movie, sounds cool. Haha

Unknown said...

Beyond unbelievable...

Jerthom said...

At the Blockbuster in Kelowna, they give you the option of the old way (3.99 for two nights, and late fees if it's late, or 5.99 for a week, and a week extra before a 2 dollar restocking fee)...I think it's great... get to rent movies for cheaper again, just have to remember to bring them back.