Friday, February 06, 2009

You Win Some, You Lose Some...

I like going to concerts, but it's not the highest priority on my list of things to do. However, a few notable concerts have arisen and this has been my experience.


It all started with Eric asking me if I wanted to see Broken Social Scene. To be honest, my first thought was, "hmm they're okay." But as I thought about it more, I realized I actually really like them, so I said, "Yes!" And now I am going tonight!!

Then I got an email from David Bazan saying he's got some upcoming house shows on the West Coast. One came up in Bellingham and I thought, "Wow, that would be really cool if I could get in on that party!" So I asked Phil if he would want to go and he said, "Heck yes!" So on Thursday I got ready at precisely 1pm for the tickets to go on sale. I kept refreshing my browser over and over until finally at 1:07pm it finally went through...and I got tickets!!!! I couldn't believe it, I thought it would sell out super quickly, but it took about 30 mins for the rest of the tickets to go.


So Phil and I, along with 40 others, will have our own private show with David Bazan. This is going to be sweet! And now I realize that I'm telling the whole world, I completely forgot to check in with Celia and Adam to find out if they were interested. It dawned on me today, I'm totally sorry!!!

The reason I forgot is probably because I had my mind even more focused on getting Flight of the Conchords tickets. They are coming to Vancouver in May. Tickets went on sale today at 10am and I did the same refreshing and checking trick as I had done the day before. Well, the instant it came online I clicked on it and...nothing! Zilch. No tickets available. Left out in the cold. Spencer, did you get tickets?


So, I'm not going to complain. To be honest, I've been losing interest in the Conchords lately. Oh well...I'm still sad.

But also happy! Because I'm seeing Broken Social Scene tonight, and David Bazan at the end of the month...yay!!!

2 comments:

Spencer said...

sigh...no dice...unless you would like to go down to Seattle.

kinneyland said...

That's okay. Although as I was reading I was thinking, "how come he didn't tell us?!"