Monday, February 23, 2009

A Little Scare

So recently we've had a little issue with furry creatures nibbling into candy bars in the youth room. So the guy in charge of the building put out some rat poison to get them. However, I still find chocolate bars nibbled in to every time I go in there.

So finally I moved all the candy into the cupboards. We'll see if that keeps them out, but the poison is still sitting out there. Today I went to get some pop from the fridge for my lunch and it looked like some of the poison may have been eaten! This excited me, cause hopefully now they've been busted.

Well, I took a bottle of ginger ale from the fridge and started to leave when I started to hear something. I stopped moving and sure enough, I could hear this whiny kinda high pitched moaning. The mouse had eaten the poison and was now dying in the room somewhere!!!!

I shuddered to think of finding a mouse dying when I realized....the sound was coming from the pop bottle. The lid wasn't closed all the way and the carbonation was leaking. What an adventure!

3 comments:

Ashley Ronnell said...

Surprise ending! Nice.

Jay said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Jaclyn_Rose said...

Haha - at first I thought that you were going to say the mouse was IN the pop bottle!!