Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Anyone Want to Buy Tickets for YC???


So our youth group is going to YC (Youth Convention) in Edmonton. This is our third time going, and I'm loving the lineup this year. David Crowder Band, Relient K, Toby Mac, Matt Maher, and MORE!!!! Haha, so today was registration day.


The first time we went I bought tickets way too late and got terrible seats up in the third level which has TERRIBLE sound. Audio Adrenaline was playing and I didn't even realize till mid song that they were playing "Big House". Yeah, that's probably the most recognizable song I know by them and I couldn't recognize it. That's how bad the sound was!


Last year I had been told the best way to get tickets is to mail in your registration early. The seats that you get are random, but at least you get somewhat decent seating. So we did that and I actually liked where we were seated (to the right of the stage up in the second level). I thought the sound was good and you could see everyone really well. But I thought we would get better seats than that.


So this year I tried something new and I bought tickets online. If you remember the last time two times I bought tickets online, you know one was an absolute success and the other was utter failure. Well, this third time was a combination of success and failure...


So I woke up at 8:30 and prepared myself for the 9am sale time. I figured out I needed to get about 32 tickets, had my credit card ready and proceeded to do the repeat refresh page method a couple minutes before 9. When it opened it said I should expect to wait 11 minutes. Sucks, but ok. On the page it also said you could hit refresh again to update your wait time. So after a minute I refreshed and the wait time jumped to 3 mins!!! Shaved off 7 mins of waiting...


Until, I decided to hit the refresh button again. I don't know why I did it, I only had to wait 3 mins, but I did it anyways. And then the wait time said 18 mins! What?!?! So I thought, it doesnt hurt to hit it again, and it dropped to 9 mins. I wasn't about to try my luck again so I stayed with that. So at 9:13 I got to choose my seats.


There was some really good ones in the middle of the first level. So I choose 32 seats and hit checkout only to discover, oh, those seats were taken while I was clicking on them. So I went back and choose a different 32 seats. Oh, those ones are gone too! Oh, now that whole section is sold out! So I jump over to another section, click 32 seats, and......also gone! In an instant all these seats were taken. And then I quickly realized I wasn't going to be able to find 32 seats together.


So I started buying up chunks of seats at a time. I bought 6 tickets in one section, 10 in another section, 4 in another. I was just trying to get as many clumps as I could to add up to 32 seats. Unfortunately, all these clumps were behind the stage, but at least they were first level. I was so frustrated that I didn't get any of those really good seats. If I had just bought those in clumps I would have got them.


BUT THEN...I noticed that some seats had opened up on the floor. I thought, why not check it out, maybe there'll be 2 seats together, but I figured it would just be singles. And when the screen changed what did I see??? 28 seats all together in one row!!! As quickly as I could I bought them...I didn't even think about the 32 other seats I had already bought. And they are ours!!!!!! We get floor seats at YC, I can't believe it!!!


But now I'm stuck with a butt load of tickets I have to sell on my own. Sooooo, if you know of anyone that wants to go, or a youth pastor that is looking to bring a group, I have some good first level tickets for sale!


These are the number of seats I have for the different sections:
134 - 2 seats
130 - 6 seats
128 - 10 seats
126 - 8 seats
124 - 4 seats

I sure hope I can sell them all.......

3 comments:

Ashley Ronnell said...

I heard Megan Hazelton REALLY wants to come. REALLY.

Jaclyn_Rose said...

I saw Matt Maher at World Youth Day :)

Anonymous said...

do you have any tickets left for 4 seats together?
It doesn't really matter which secton. Please email me at love--to@live.com if you do.
thanks =]