Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oh, Jesus...


People's depictions of Jesus always fascinate me. Conan O'Brien once showed all these Jesus figurines he'd found. They were unbelievable (update - I just found them and will post them shortly). Well here are some "interesting" pictures of Jesus that I have found. I apologize to the artist who I'm sure put all her heart and soul into these, but I think Jesus looks nothing like you think he does.


Oh that crazy Jesus, he just loves creating planets.


What in the world is with Jesus' face in this picture? It's so mangled and wonky looking. But boy, does he love sheep or what???


This picture is titled, "Forgiveness." At first I didn't know what Jesus was forgiving the little boy for. I see the kid has a sling shot so he must have done something bad with it...wait, what's that in Jesus' hand. Oh no!!! That kid killed a bird!!!!! If I were Jesus I would make him eat it.

Okay this next picture is absolute gold!!! I need to build up to it before you actually see it.

It is titled, "The Bride of Christ." And remember, WE are the Bride of Christ.


So you and I are accurately represented in this next painting.





How do you think you would look as the Bride of Christ?







Ready???






3...










2...









1....








YOU MAY NOW KISS THE BRIDE!!!!!!!


I hope I can make Jesus that happy.

Stay tuned for even more accurate portrayals of our Lord and Saviour...

4 comments:

Jaclyn_Rose said...

Maybe the artist is one of those people who believe that Jesus dated/married Mary Magdalene...so that could be her :) haha

eric b. said...

The third one kinda looks like stephen harper... weird.

Anonymous said...

how innocently creepy....ugh

Ken A. Priebe said...

Holy Crap Dan!!!! It's Jesus in a David Lynch movie!

The first painting is his re-enactment of Eraserhead!

See?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrl3n2ZtK2E

Sorry if I just gave you nightmares.