Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The Ultimate Question?

Here are some of the comments I got and my thoughts. These are my thoughts and opinions. I am not refuting your questions now, you can argue what I say here.

Does it matter what the question is, as long as Jesus is the answer?

I'm going to say yes, it definitely matters what the question is. What if the question is: Where did evil come from? I'm not sure you'd be quick to answer Jesus. Maybe you would?

And also, I believe Jesus is too simple an answer. Everyone has a different understanding of who Jesus is (or was). There needs to be more context.

What is your ultimate question?

Very interesting! I like it, because everybody has something different that is nagging them. Or something unique that is holding them back. My top choice.

Although, thinking about it more...is the ultimate question relative or absolute?

What is worth doing?

For me I think there are questions before this that need to be answered. Before I can figure out what is worth doing, I have to ask myself what is "worth"? And doing is all about behaviour and action. What about character? What about being?

Hmm...I just realized each question you can unravel, and there are always questions that need to precede the one presented. Soooo, maybe that's how you answer the ultimate question, with another question...

Can I help you?

This question intrigues me, because it's not a question about a topic. Rather than focusing on something abstract, it focuses on something personal and practical. Rather than concern for oneself, the concern is for others. Rather than talking about answers, it answers itself by doing. Very intriguing...

Well done everyone!!! K, feedback or more questions.......

3 comments:

kortney said...

For the record, I was being cheesy. I once did a choir tour with the theme Jesus is the answer.

I'll think of something soon.

Anonymous said...

'can i help you?' cant be an original question. it would be a sub-question, stemming from someone who has already had their primary question(s) answered. otherwise, it would be distraction from oneself and the horrendous quest of finding meaning to shift the attention elsewhere. the individual had to have already grappled and struggled to discover that "helping others" is the answer to the question.

i think there are subjective questions (what is meaningful for ME?) and objective questions (what is the meaning for life and humanity?).

and i think that one could spend his/her entire existence pondering such questions and be no closer to an answer. perhaps even be farther away.

but i doubt know that any other questions matter in comparison.

Unknown said...

Can I help you?