Wednesday, October 22, 2008

the girl of my dreams - #6


6. capable of caringing a conversation

Prophetic interpretation skills, don't fail me now!!!! In the rush of bringing forth this message from beyond, Megan may have typed a little too hastily. Please forgive her, she means well.

So I think the obvious interpretation is "capable of CARRYING a conversation". This flows well with the previous characteristic of being witty. In fact, as I previously said, unless there is that chemistry of witty banter, i doubt things would work. But obviously Megan is pushing for more than just witty banter. I think she is saying that the girl of my dreams will be someone that does not leave me to carry the conversation on my own. Sometimes I'll be with a friend and realize, "wow, I've been talking a lot." So I purposefully stop talking and see what happens. Sometimes it totally falls flat, revealing that in that relationship I tend to be the one carrying the conversation.


So the girl of my dreams will be someone who can keep the conversation going. Probably the best analogy I can think of is a good tennis partner. A good tennis partner is equal in overall skill level, but can also give the other player some good competition. Able to keep up with each other, but still having different strengths and weaknesses.


However, what if that is not the correct interpretation? Perhaps Megan was saying she will be "capable of caring IN a conversation". Many times when I talk to people they do nothing but insult, berate, and/or destroy the very essence of who I am as a person. It would be nice, for once in my life, to have someone who cares for me when we converse. And not just for me, the compassion goes out to all people with whom she converses. Although, the statement begins with "capable of" so it's not necessarily something she does all the time, but something she has the ability to do, if she so chooses. From my experience, there is no one I've met who is capable of caring in a conversation...not like I deserve it anyways, I'm so stupid! Why do I even bother? I'm such a loser, a fool and an idiot, oh man why did I even type that, all three mean the same thing?!? I never do anythign right, I hate myself, stupid dan, what the heck is wrong with you....


2 comments:

amanda said...

the best part is when you find the girl of your dreams, you're going to find that she meets maybe 50% of the requirements of your dream girl.

haha i can't wait when she read's this.

Ashley Ronnell said...

Such a foggy day... by the time they saw the train, it was too late.