Saturday, January 31, 2009

I Love TV

I've been watching a couple new shows
(well, new to me seeing as how both are cancelled).

Pushing Daisies
Phil recommended this show to me last month. Then Megan was going on about how much she loved it. So I saw it in Walmart and decided to pick it up. Right from the beginning I fell in love. It's different, it's creative, it's cute, how could I resist?

And then in one episode there was this blatant reference to the Hitchcock movie, "The Birds". And then watching the special features they mentioned more Hitchcock references. I can't believe I didn't notice them before! Oh well, that was the whipped cream on top of the pie.

Freaks & Geeks
I had heard about this show before, but didn't know much about it. I finally started watching it this weekend and it's amazing! I thought it came out a few years ago, but it's like 9 years old now. Even though the show is set in 1980, it reminds me of my high school days.

The last episode I watched introduced a new character and he is played by none other than Joel Hodgson!!! Don't know who that is???

Why, he's the original mastermind and star of Mystery Science Theater 3000 of course. I love his mannerisms and the way he talks. I wish he was in more stuff. I hope he has more of a role in this show.

update - Shia LaBeouf is a little kid on this show!!!!!! I LOVE that guy, yet everytime I write about him I spell his last name wrong...

6 comments:

Jay said...

MST 3000 rules! I missed Joel when he left... I may need to check that show out too.

DAve and JAnie said...

That baby is HUGE! Holy Crap.

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

I assume you're referring to the Jesus pictures?!?

Anonymous said...

today was the first day my cousin also watched freaks and geeks for the first time. i'm glad you enjoyed it.. its one of my all time favorite tv shows and i'm really upset it only made it through one season. most would agree it was before its time. there are so many cameos it's ridiculous- although, i had no idea shia was in it! i guess i just didn't recognize him. as for the master mind- i cant even figure out who that is? im looking into it now. did you buy the boxset?

-melissa

Anonymous said...

Shia Blows!

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

...Every Guy Out Of The Water!!!! Thanks Phil...