Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I Lost...


...many things that are important to me.

Like every one else, I tend to lose things from time to time. And wow, it really bothers me sometimes.


For awhile there I had lost 2 cds, A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar by Dashboard Confessional and Emotion is Dead by Juliana Theory. It would really get to me, cause I had no clue where they were and I missed them. Then over the course of a few weeks they magically reappeared!!! I hadn't seen them for years.

Well, now I am currently missing a few things:


My blue hoodie.

My last memory is wearing it to church. I sometimes will wear a jacket to church and then forget to put it back on when I go home. So then the next time I come to church I have to remember to bring two jackets home. Well, I don't remember if I brought it home, or what I did with it. It could be somewhere in the church or somewhere completely different. I have no idea, and it makes me sad to think about it. It's been missing for over a year.


My memory card and headphones.

These have been missing for a few weeks now. I need the memory card cause it has some youth photos on it, and I really liked those headphones. However, I'm pretty sure I'll find them when I clean up my place this weekend. Let's hope!


My Grandpa's ball-peen hammer.

I did something really really stupid a few years ago. You see, I used to collect things in boxes. Things that were important to me that reminded me of different events and people and such. Letters, ticket stubs, toys, etc.. Well, when I moved from my apartment to the basement suite I'm in now, I decided to throw a lot of that away. The stupid thing I did was use one of the same boxes as the throw-away box. I emptied one of the boxes on the floor and sifted through it, keeping only the good stuff and chucking the rest in the box. It took me a few days to go through it all, and one day I picked up the box and threw it in the dumpster. A few days passed and I went to get another box to sort through. It was then that I saw the box I had designated for garbage was still sitting there. I had inadvertently thrown away a box I had not sorted through yet. I have no clue what was in that box I threw away, but I am 99% certain it contained my Grandpa's ball-peen hammer.

At the age of 5 my grandpa died. There was a room with all his stuff in it and we went in one by one and took something that was meaningful to us. I chose the ball-peen hammer. I'm not sure why, but it was probably because I could use it as a miniature mallet to hit a bouncy ball around. I've kept it all these years, but now I'm afraid it's gone. That sucked when I realized I threw out the wrong box. I wonder what else I had in there.


My friend.

We used to talk all the time for hours. Now we don't. I really miss that.


A collection of pictures from Camp Luther.

Before the summer was over at camp one summer, I copied all my pictures onto a disc. That disc vanished along with some other documents on it that I wanted to keep as a resource. Dang it!


My class notes for Joshua/Judges

Technically I didn't lose these. The person I lent them to lost them. There was a lot of really good information there that I can't get back (unless maybe I could retrieve them from my memory using hypnosis).

So if you come across any of these items, I would greatly appreciate getting them back!

3 comments:

Jaclyn_Rose said...

I had a box of keepsake stuff like that too...it got stolen from our underground storage on Salton...that sucked.

arbyn said...

This was a really good post. But I'm sad now.

Bina Simon said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
skip bins brisbane