Friday, June 20, 2008

Concerning Dido


This is Dido...she is an English BRIT Award-winning and Grammy Award-nominated singer and songwriter. Now, you may be thinking, "Woah, Dan, with a whole post dedicated to her, you must be a fan!" Truth is, I only know one song and I don't particularly like it. So why am I writing about her???


I was listening to the Ricky Gervais show while driving today (pretty common thing for me to do) when they started talking about Dido. Now, I've heard this episode before, and I'm still just as much perplexed by it.


Steve Merchant mentioned Dido was single now and he always thought maybe she was the type of girl he could score. You see, Steve himself is not the most attractive man (as he'll be the first to admit) and he thinks Dido is in the looks category that just might go for him.


These are some of the things he and Ricky said about Dido:
- She's quite ordinary
- She's kind of like a bit of a receptionist
- She probably sang once at karaoke and a bloke from a record label signed her up
- When you look at her you think she should be doing photocopying or filing.
- She has a very suburban look


Now, I don't see any of that myself. I think she's very attractive, and I kinda thought North Americans felt the same way. But both of these guys were in such agreement that she is "ordinary" looking. Do all British men think that way about her? And would do we think of her over here?


I know I sometimes have strange taste in women, but this one baffles me...

You gotta love her name though - Dido Florian Cloud de Bounevialle O'Malley Armstrong.

5 comments:

Jaclyn_Rose said...

Well those first few pics were more on the "ordinary" side...but otherwise she's hot...and we all know brits are weird! haha

Ashley Ronnell said...

Oh, Ricky...

Shane said...

Dan finds a girl very attractive and shes not married?!? thats surely a first...anyways i would have to agree with you and say she is very pretty

arbyn said...

I think her name is fake.

Kristen said...

Dido Florian Cloud de Bounevialle O'Malley Armstrong? That is NOT her name is it???

Sometimes men's taste in women baffles me too. Oi vey!

K