Monday, June 09, 2008

Not Much - Day Twenty & Twenty-One

Got up and everyone had left the house already. I packed up my stuff and did some quick emailing. I went upstairs and had some breakfast. The Mom came home (or wait, was she home the whole time?!?). We chatted for a bit and then I was on my way. There were lots of things I could do in Auckland, but to be perfectly honest with you, I just wanted to go home. I was done with all the touristy things and didn't really want to walk around and see anything. I did check out a nearby beach, but that lasted 2 minutes.

I pretty much drove around and killed time. I went to the mall. Did my usual thing and bought loads of candy I can't buy here. Considered seeing National Treasure 2, but didn't think I had time. It was quite the internal struggle! Decided not to so that I could clean out the car and pack all my stuff properly. Turned out to be a brilliant choice...took me forever to organize everything (I did see the movie the other day though, and LOVED IT!). Dropped off my only friend from NZ at the car rental place...and away I went.

The plane trip home was sweet...can't really remember it. Who did I even sit beside? Watched Stardust, that was a good movie. Changed planes in San Francisco. That was a pain. We had to leave our area and go through the whole security rigamarole once again. As we're getting off the plane the guy was rushing us, "You've got to get through security quickly cause your plane will be boarding soon!!!!" So I can see the people who flew with me standing in the security line freaking out cause there's masses of people and it's taking forever. So we get through and what do you know? Our plane is delayed...what a shocker!!! It was actually delayed for quite awhile. Shane was picking me up from the airport cause he's amazing like that and I think he had to wait there over an hour for me...what a trooper!!!!

And that was that - the trip was probably a week longer than I would have liked and there were a couple of challenging questions raised in my mind, but you will have to wait for that blog post later!

The End.

No comments: