Friday, February 08, 2008

It's a Shpadoinkle Day!!! - Day Six & Seven


The sky is blue and all the leaves are green,
My heart's as full as a baked potato,
I think I know precisely what I mean,
When I say it's a shpadoinkle day!


Finally for the first time since I'd been to Australia the weather was really really good!
On boxing day we were going to rent a car and go for a nice scenic drive, but everything was booked solid :(
So instead we went to St. Kilda's Beach :)


The Aussie equivalent to Playland is Luna Park. The entrance is a giant freaky sun mouth?!?


The always incredibly handsome Conor's self portrait. We walked around and enjoyed the weather. I learned about the Australian Wave. There's these little flies that always get in your face and so you always see people waving their hands swatting the flies away.


I just can't seem to look as good as Conor no matter how hard I try.

Prior to coming to Australia I had four things in mind to do:
1. Go to a Cricket Match
2. Learn to Golf
3. See the New Year's Fireworks in Sydney
4. Learn to Surf


The day after boxing day I completed my first task by going to see the Australia vs. India Boxing Day Test. Test cricket is quite strange in my opinion. I can see how it's fun for the players, but I don't know why fans would get into it.


The Test goes over 5 days and each day they play from approx. 11am-6pm (we went the second day). This is the only sporting event I've been to where they stop the game for lunch. I don't want to get into the rules of cricket. It was very fascinating and I learned a great deal. It's a lot like baseball. Except a day is one inning. Yeah, the whole day you only see one team up to bat. Except this game we saw them switch because they managed to get all ten of India's batters out in less than 85 overs (an over is 6 pitches). Am I making sense? Tough luck.


This is Father John (or is it Jon, no clue). He bought us tickets! Very nice man. He fell asleep multiple times throughout the day...which furthers my belief that this should not be a spectator sport.


Jackie's looking happy. That's cause we've only be here for 30 mins. She left before the game was done. I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did.

The evenings on these two days are a little fuzzy in my memory. I know that one of these nights we watched The Bourne Ultimatum which I thought was lame-o. I can't wait for The Bourne Endometrium.

Another thing Jackie and I did was attempt to find the Southern Cross. Ever since Star Tropics I've been fascinated with it. It's a rare privilege to see Te Punga with one's own eyes. We had a bit of difficulty but I think we spotted it. However, we could be wrong, it was very tricky. Yet I still say we saw it.


End of Day Six & Seven.

No comments: