Saturday, February 09, 2008

How to Golf - Day Eight

In the morning Jackie kept going on about how super hot it was and how she doubted we would go golfing, but let me tell you something...I've never actually gone golfing before and I needed to get through my first time with someone who was understanding and patient with me. So we went golfing! And now I will demonstrate how to golf:


1. Tee the ball


2. Swing your club at the ball


3. Acknowledge you have no clue what you're doing


Conor had much better form...but I don't think he was too happy with his performance that day.


Putting is a little easier thanks to Castle Fun Park!

But I'm still not perfect...




Conor is the master of pitching


Well done!

Big thanks to Conor for taking me out my first time. I can now say with confidence I'll go golfing with you if you want. The golf course we went to was pretty small. It was kinda like golfing in the park. And there was hardly anyone else around, which was good for me, because most of the time I was hitting it off our hole and onto another fairway.

Another big thanks to Conor for carrying the clubs there and back...what a guy!


Afterwards Conor and I went to pick up supper from the mall. It was time to try some Kangaroo meat! Unfortunately, all we could find were Kangaroo sausages. I don't know how different they taste from actual Kangaroo steak, but to be honest I didn't really like them that much.

On a side note, while in the mall it dawned on me that because Australia is so influenced by England they might have a book I was interested in that I hadn't seen in Canada yet. My heart was filled with joy and jubilation as the lady found the book I so desired!


Karl Pilkington is a genius!!!

After supper the three of us watched probably the 2nd worst Adam Sandler movie ever, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (the absolute worst is Little Nicky). Oh well, it was now time to catch some sleep because in the morning we leave for Sydney!!!

End of Day Eight.

1 comment:

kinneyland said...

You're 1/3 done recalling your trip, well done! I look forward to more.