Sunday, December 16, 2007

I'm a little emotional...

Yesterday I was so absolutely stressed out! This Wednesday I leave for Australia to visit Jackie, Conor, and all the lovely folks down under. I made a list of things I need to get done before I leave. Well I was planning to use all of Saturday to clean my house (which it desperately needs!).


Until I slept in ridiculously late on Saturday (shouldn't have stayed up so late the night before, tsk tsk). So I crawl out of bed and watch tv for awhile (this is my ritual, the reason it takes me all day to clean is because i need ample time to procrastinate).

At about 6 o'clock it dawns on me...I haven't finished my Christmas shopping!!!

Now this might not bother you because after all, it is only Dec 15th...but for me...this is the equivalent of Christmas Eve because the next day I was celebrating with my family in Abbotsford. So I rush out of the house...I have an idea of what I need to get. So I get into Richmond, and of course, all the stores that have what I'm looking for are closed and the stores that are open do not have what I need. I walked away with 4 presents, but was missing a critical 3 more!


So unfortunately, I had to ditch out of church early to go shopping. I am such a heathen!!! I would have gone before church but the stores weren't open until 11. Thankfully I picked up 2 of the 3 presents, but sadly I have to get my mom her birthday present in January (SORRY MOM!!!!).

And then as I'm driving home completely bummed out, I realize I've forgotten to do stuff for church the next day, which meant I had to go to the church, which meant by the time I got home I was pooped and did zero cleaning...egads!


And then I woke up on Sunday with unbelievable happiness! I drove to church dancing to music. I laughed during the service. I danced and sang as I drove to Abbotsford. I had an incredibly fun time with my family opening presents, playing with the kids, and coming in 3rd at Ticket to Ride. Then I had a young adults night at the Funk's and also had a really fun time hanging out with the previous grads I've missed a lot!

And now I'm ripping music and burning cds for my sister, extremely excited about what awaits me over the next 3 weeks. It's funny how emotions can flip like that...

2 comments:

Jerthom said...

Ticket to Ride is fun. Remember that time you came over to our townhouse and we played that English game...can't remember the name...but that was fun too...Australia is also fun, so have fun.
Jer

Jaclyn_Rose said...

I'm jealous that you guys had Christmas without me :( It wasn't so bad last year cuz I knew Kevin and Erin weren't there....so pretend for my sake that it was no fun! haha

See you soon!!!