Sunday, December 02, 2007

Receiving Transmission From David Bowie's Nipple Antennae - Day Six


I woke up the next morning a little groggy, but still excited to eat some of the leftover vegetarian pizza from the day before. Unfortunately, it was all in the fire. I'm not really sure what happened, but someone threw the whole pizza in the fire.


And then I saw this picture later...I have no idea what the story is behind this, but that will be their little secret.


The drive home was unbelievably eventful.


Wow, so much happened.


More action on the trip home.


My excitement is reawakened as I look at these sweet road trip moments.


What a crazy bunch!

We stopped off for some lunch in Eugene I think. Some of the guys were really excited cause they spotted a famous poker guy in the lobby. They proceeded to take secret photographs of him. Truthfully, no one could confirm whether or not he was a poker celebrity. I think he was just a random guy who sells stuff. If you recognize this face, I'd appreciate any information.




The driving consisted of a lot more of that fun stuff we were looking at earlier. And then we got to Seattle where we met up with Anna and returned the rental van.


Reloading the vehicles after the swap.

On the way home I decided to introduce these grads to one of my favorite things of all time:


The Ricky Gervais Show.

Now, sometimes the language and dialogue can be a bit sketchy on this show, but I figured, they're adults now, it's time for them to grow up. The first 20 mins was all about penises (mainly Adolf Hitler's). I figured that wasn't too over the top. However, there was a little bit later on about a certain brochure for safe sex. I hope I didn't scar those young adults. No one really commented on it much, so I'm not sure if I completely lost all respect with them, or if they were too embarrassed to say they thought it was funny too, or maybe they were just in complete shock and suppressed those memories as a means of survival.

We arrived at the border and the guy there gave me such a hard time. He asked me every question under the sun, and finally asked for the permission letters I had. As I gave them to him I said, "There's a red van behind me. I have letters for the youth in that van as well." To which he replied, "There is no red van behind you." What?!?! I tried to look back, but I couldn't cause the back window was full and it was rainy out. I started to get a bit frantic cause I thought maybe they had gone to peace arch rather than the truck crossing...I went to call Anna on my cell and the guy was like, "Don't do that!" So now I don't know what to think...he finally lets me drive on and I pulled over and looked and sure enough, there was Anna's red van right behind me! What a tool...


And then we made it back to the church. Gave one last talk and prayer for the group and off to sleep we went. I must say, this trip was one of the highlights of my life. I'll never forget it, and I hope the grads had a memorable time too.


Thanks to Eric for capturing us in our natural habitat (I'm not going to repeat how Spencer described it).

6 comments:

Jaclyn_Rose said...

You did NOT just FINALLY post day 6 after like THREE MONTHS!!

You are crazy...and yes, I do post on your friends blogs :D

kinneyland said...

I agree. It's quite confusing to read a start like "the next morning.." when it has nothing to do with the previous post. I had to scroll down and sit and think for a minute before I could read this. Not very reader friendly, but I don't suppose that's what you were going for anyway.

Spencer said...

It was rape Dan, Eric raped our souls with every photo...

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

Thanks Spencer, Thanks...

Yes, Celia! I finally wrote something thought-provoking!!! When have I ever said or written something that made someone, "sit down and think for a minute..."? Thank you for that wonderful review.

Ashley Ronnell said...

Ricky!

Shane said...

oh man seeing those pictures of our poker friend makes me laugh..we were such creepers.