Thursday, September 06, 2007

It's Business Time - Day Three


Saturday morning we woke up and headed across the parking lot to a home owned by the church. It was rented out before, but was now in the process of being converted into a drop-in centre. We worked hard to clean it all up: washing walls, scrubbing the bathroom, vacuuming, pulling weeds, etc.. When we were done we sat around and had some maté.








Why does it have to be so hot?!?

After that we went down to Green Lake and chilled out on the grass. Some went swimming, some played bocce, others tossed the football and/or frisbee, and still others played cards.






I sat under a tree and read a book.

We left and got ready for a church service we were going to that night. Unfortunately, we were running a bit late. We decided to stop into McD's for a quick supper. Janelle was incredibly efficient in getting everyone's orders. We probably should have gone inside and gotten take-out, but I decided to go through drive-thru...haha! After every order he would ask, "Is that everything?" That's the biggest order I've ever made at a drive-thru. I managed to screw it up only once by ordering an extra Big Mac meal for myself, and why would I complain about that?!? The only real problem we had, though, was that we forgot about American iced tea. Sick!!!!! And I had ordered two cups for myself with the mistake. I couldn't even finish one.

We got only slightly lost getting to the church, but we finally made it (maybe 5 minutes late). I dropped everyone off and found a parking spot (where I even parallel parked!).


The service was interesting. It was at the Church of the Apostles. The music was all unfamiliar. I think they had written it themselves. The atmosphere was quite casual, and there were a few elements to the service that were new to me. At one point they had a time to reflect and pray (can't remember what they called it). They had different stations you could go to (mainly different icons you could sit in front of). Later on in the service they also had some water at the front and some paper and pens. You could go and write something and get a glass of water (come, all who are thirsty...get it?). The sermon was okay, but a little confusing to most of the group. I like the theme of dying in Christ, but she kept applying it to giving more money to the church. That didn't sit well with me. The people were all very friendly there, we chatted a bit and then took off for our next destination...


Safeco Field!!!

I hadn't been to a baseball game since 2000. Not really my favorite sport, but nonetheless, we had an excellent time. The game was exciting, and had many fun moments. One of my favorites being the cotton candy.






aww...what a wonderful group photo!

We then returned back to the church and I think once again I went to bed pretty quickly.

End of Day Three.

3 comments:

Spencer said...

I think they called it "open space" during the reflective time.

Jaclyn_Rose said...

What denomination was this church?

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

It was an "emerging" church...but I think it came from Anglican roots.