Thursday, September 20, 2007

Binary Solo! - Day Five


Now that it's been a month since we did the trip, I know I'm forgetting and re-remembering things funny. Oh well, you'll never know the difference. I did forget to mention that on the evening of Day Four, I was resting peacefully on my air mattress when I hear someone climbing into the tent. It's Shane (He was in the same tent as me with Braeden, Josh, and Jeff). So can you guess what Shane did next?!? Yeah, he tried to jump in bed with me to cuddle. So can you guess what I did next?!? Yeah, I proceeded to ram my elbow into him repeatedly. Now that I think of it, I went a little nuts! Shane said he had bruises in the morning, but I couldn't see them, haha. A grad trip wouldn't be a grad trip without me hitting Shane.


I looked like a chipmunk that morning.

Today was to be an exciting day. Unfortunately, it was still cloudy and rainy, but we were determined to go ATV-ing regardless. To be honest, I wasn't really thrilled about it. Don't really know why...just didn't want to. So we loaded up the vehicle and drove there.


Still rainy, still cold, still not excited...and then we go through the payment and briefing, etc., etc., and BOOM, I AM PUMPED!!!! We hop on the ATV's and head out single file to the dunes. Laura, of course, always the nonconformist wouldn't stay in the line and got in trouble. So as we pull up to the dunes, I was just blown away.


Okay, I know I am an absolute geek, but my favorite thing about video games is that you enter these crazy worlds and experience amazing atmospheres. I have since realized that is what makes me pumped, atmosphere. So, in Zelda, there's always a desert area. Well, pulling up to the dunes was like I was actually entering the Haunted Wasteland. I was beside myself!












We bombed around and had a blast. I got to help Jeff and Erika get their ATV's out of sticky situations. And I tried following Josh, but he was way too fast for my taste. Well, later on I managed to catch up to him, and I decided to follow. I have learned since, never follow Josh. So we're flying along and I look ahead and see Josh kinda wincing. I then realize, "Something's wrong." I let off the throttle only to realize I'm jumping over an edge. I brace myself for impact and absorb all the jolt in my shoulders. I pull up to Josh and he's complaining about his wrists. Good going...

So, unbelievably, the only ATV that flipped was the always responsible Eric. Well done!


After that excitement we returned back to the camp. People dried their clothes over the fire. I went into town and bought pizza for lunch and food for supper. We ate and some of us headed out to play some Bocce on the dunes.


That was exciting. My team lost, but we gave a good run I thought!


mysteeeeerrrrious.....


I think this is Laura and Braeden fighting.


Another failed attempt at camera trickery.


Josh is a psychopath.

That evening I was absolutely wiped out mentally and physically. I went for a walk around the camp and when I came back I went to bed. I felt bad because I wanted to have another talk with the group around the campfire, but I just didn't have the energy.

So, I went to bed.


End of Day Five.

3 comments:

Jaclyn_Rose said...

What the...?!?! Why is Ting your #1 blog and I'm not even in your top five....did I tell you we're charging you $50/night for room and board while you're here???

haha

Ashley Ronnell said...

Man I miss Link.

kinneyland said...

Bocce in sand would be really fun and competitive. In fact this whole trip log you are compiling makes hanging out in sand dunes sound much more appealing.