Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lasciate Ogne Speranza, Voi Ch'Intrate


Okay, over the last long while I have been contemplating a lot of theological questions, and finally I've been having major epiphanies, but as always, I am apprehensive about sharing my thoughts. Let me just say, these questions no longer matter to me:


1. Can we lose our salvation or is it once saved, always saved?


2. Are we predestined to heaven/hell or do we have free will?


3. Are we saved by faith alone or a combination of faith and works?


4. Is hell everlasting punishment or annihilation?


5. Must we confess our sins repeatedly?

I challenge you to rethink your definitions:

1. What is sin?
2. What is salvation?
3. What is faith?


I expect your answers in by Monday.

3 comments:

QueenBee said...

Those are some pretty hefty questions that you have just dimissed. But I shall dutifully ponder the 3 remaining questions and hand in my answers on time - I always was a good student - haha!

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

those are hefty questions...i wouldn't say i've dismissed them. rather, i would say i am no longer puzzled by these 5.

QueenBee said...

Oh I see...