Saturday, August 11, 2007

I Love Time Travel


When I was in Grade 3 I wrote myself a letter. And that letter I was too keep until I was old enough to invent a time machine. And when I had finished my time machine I was to open the letter and read my instructions, which were to travel back in time to when I was in Grade 3 and come visit the former me and my friends at Scott Thoutenhoofd's house, at our New Year's Eve sleepover party. I even told my friends that someone might be stopping in!

Another story from Grade 7 - I was really big into lying that year and I would tell people anything to gain their friendship. I told a whole group of guys that I had created a computer program that could type into the future and someone would type back to me in a "futuristic" language that they couldn't read. So they all gathered around my computer as I typed gibberish, hit enter, which then caused a spew of more gibberish to come on the screen and I would interpret it for them. I think after that stunt I pretty much had no more credibility left in town. Just think, I could have been the next Joseph Smith!


There have been a lot of movies and TV shows about time travel, and I would like to list for you the most influential ones in my life:


Millennium


Back to the Future Trilogy (specifically number II)


Star Trek: The Next Generation - "Time's Arrow" (to name one of the many interesting Star Trek time travel plots)


Timecop


Planet of the Apes


12 Monkeys


Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure


Donnie Darko


Quantum Leap


Red Dwarf


Heroes

Wow, I knew I was a geek, but that's only the small list and I don't even have time to go into every one of them. Maybe I'll go more in-depth on my love of time travel sometime in the future...or maybe the past!

1 comment:

Jaclyn_Rose said...

I loved quantum leap!!