Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Sleep is Completely Messed Up - Day Six & Seven

The plan for Tuesday is to go into Lincoln to buy shoes for the "kids". Robyn had to stay home to clean up the huge mess we had created in the whole house. Oh yeah, Robyn has a nickname. It's Roblyn, pretty crazy huh? Better than the nickname they gave me: "Tom". They called me Tom a lot. But they also called me Cooper, although it sounded more like Cue-per. As you're driving into Lincoln you notice right away the Cathedral. It's amazing! Perched on top of the hill you can see it from quite a ways away. I looked around the shops while everyone else did their own thing. Here are some pics:






Nothing really stood out for me to buy, I'm not much of a shopper really. I stumbled across this book though:


Everytime I read this book I would actually laugh out loud. I had a hard time controlling myself. The book is basically transcripts from a podcast called The Ricky Gervais Show. Ricky Gervais is the boss on the British version of "The Office". He created the show with another guy named Steve Merchant. On the podcasts the two of them talk to Karl Pilkington, who is quite possibly more mental than me. When I got home I downloaded all the podcasts plus previous radio shows these three did together. I'm addicted to them now!

I don't remember what I did the rest of the day. Read the book mostly I think, maybe a little dutch blitz and skip-bo. Of course that night I couldn't sleep and ended up staying up late again with nothing on TV. Actually they had this interesting show on Jesus taped. The next day I slept in really late and ruined the plan to go back to Lincoln to see the cathedral with Roblyn. That would have to wait till the next day.

At some point someone named Ashley said hi to me through Roblyn on messenger, and now I am saying hi to her now, whoever she is.

No comments: