Sunday, July 23, 2006

I Love Kids

Kids are a lot of fun. My brother Kevin and his wife Erin have two of them. They are missionaries in Madagascar. Here is a picture of the two kids:


Ben & Morgan

They were here visiting for my sister's wedding, but they returned to Africa yesterday. Thankfully, I got to spend some time with them while they were here. So why do I love kids, and more specifically these two kids?

1. It requires almost no effort to make them laugh. With adults I usually have 20 failed attempts before I get 1 successful chuckle. All I have to do with kids is make a funny face or say something silly and they are rolling around on the floor.

2. Kids love me. This also applies to old ladies. Doesn't matter how well they know me, all kids and grandmas adore me. I guess I have some God-given charm that pours out of me. The downside, unfortunately, is that with ladies my own age it takes incredible effort to squeeze out one ounce of the charm that attracts them.

3. I can be myself. They don't care how stupid I'm acting. They don't care what I'm wearing. They don't care that I can't cook. I can relax and have fun.

Yeah, all those reasons are pretty selfish. But, think about your own adult life. Maybe I'm the only one, but isn't it difficult to just be yourself and not try so hard to please people? With Ben & Morgan there's no pressure to perform. It's simply pure 100% uninhibited fun. With my close friends I have that freedom too...but it's taken years to get to that point. Jackie says I'm really blunt most of the time, and I hope I stay that way. I don't like being afraid of being myself. I don't want to be ashamed of my faults. I'd rather be like a child.

10 comments:

rachel joy said...

Hey Dan,

I'm loving your blog. Can I link to ya from mine?

Rachel

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

Most definitely!

Jaclyn_Rose said...

I'll miss you brother.

brent said...

It sucks NOT to be yourself. I hope you can have that uninhibited fun with me Coop! I think you're funny. I laugh when you make faces. Yes I do.

kinneyland said...

Cooper, I lie you for you, not because you sing like Liberatchi or because you're such a hottie (did i just say that?) whoops

DAve and JAnie said...

cute kids! Ahhh, don't be too hard on yourself, i know plenty of equaly silly women who would fall for you. They just live in winnipeg, sorry.
Janie

heather said...

are you married? Tabby wanted me to ask

Tabby said...

No I didnt




Rexy for president

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

haha! sparrow...be honest, you regret breaking up with me don't you? well, as it turns out i'm single again and so if you still want to get married let's talk.

Jerthom said...

update...UPDATE!!!