Friday, July 14, 2006

My first yelling experience

A few months ago I had to go through this process to get licensed as an official Pastor of the MB church. I think it was kinda silly, but anyways, now that I am officially recognized by the province of BC as a minister I am able to perform marriages and funerals. So in my head I'm thinking it'll probably be a few years down the road before any of those gigs come up. And the same week that I thought that, I get asked to marry someone! So that's what I get to do tomorrow. I don't have any pictures yet, but this is probably what it will look like.


And no, that's not what you think it is...it's my knee, pervert!

So onto my first yelling experience. At the rehearsel dinner/bbq tonight I'm trying to stand and cut my steak on my plastic plate and I was having no luck, so I put the plate on the patio floor and started to cut it. Just then I look over and the Roste's dog, Sammy, is licking her lips trying to get at my food. And I politely said, "Shoo doggy, this food is for grownups like myself." At this point Robyn gave me some motivation, "Yell at her Cooper!" she gleefully exclaimed. So without hesitation I cussed that little mongrel out in front of everyone.


Actually, all I yelled was, "Sammy, get out of here!" or something like that. But it's a start! I'm not going to become a yellaholic overnight people. I've got to start small and work up. I'm surprised my first yelling experience was a living animal and not my pillow or one of my GI Joe action figures. So that story was pretty lame, I hope I have more fun yelling in the near future.


On a side note I did manage to squirt ketchup all over the wall and the rest of the night everyone kept making fun of me for it.


"Would you like some more ketchup, Cooper?"
HAHA! VERY FUNNY!!!!

6 comments:

kinneyland said...

I wish you wouldn't yell at Sammy, hasn't that poor dog gone through enough. Plus it's a dog and you put your meat on the floor. If anything Sammy should yell at you for producing such temptation. For shame Cooper, for shame

DAve and JAnie said...

ha ha to that last comment!
You are added!

Maybe you should really kick off your yelling spree at this wedding you are performing! Then hundreds of people could see your potential.
Janie

Jaclyn_Rose said...

Just don't yell at me, brother. I might cry.

By the way, I liked your sermon today, you done well young man

arbyn said...

Cooper, first of all, let the record show I did not make fun of you even once for squirting ketchup all over the bricks. That was my dad.

Second, CELIA, Sammy needs to stop stealing people's steak -- she knows she's not allowed. AND Cooper, she listened to you as soon as you raised your voice (so cool) and she stayed in the yard like she was supposed to.

Third, you did good at the wedding. Most memorable message ever.

rachel joy said...

hey Dan, I found you through Crazy Janie. Not sure who Cooper is, but I enjoyed your blog and I'll visit it for more good laughs (but please don't yell at me). Strange as it is, I sometimes have random thoughts of the Dark Avenger and velcro games night. What's been happening in your life since the glory days of Abby Free? Was this wedding sermon of yours as captivating as our dear Jonny's at our wedding? Truly, we loved it, although he seems to want to forget it. Paul is setting up a blog, I'll tell him about yours as I'm sure he'll enjoy re-connecting with you.

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

Oh, poor Jon...when I met up with him a month ago to catch up and chat about this wedding he still expressed grief over the bible incident.

As for me, I'm a youth pastor in Ladner now...I don't think I realized you were way up north. I'll email you soon!