Monday, July 17, 2006

The Roste Family Is Fun

Well, I must say officiating my first wedding went pretty good! There were a few minor glitches, but it was definitely the best first experience I could have had. My one major problem was my body. Before I went on stage I told my sweat glands, "Now look! I know you guys like to go all crazy on me when I get up on stage, especially seeing as it's hot out there and I'm wearing a suit, but you are not allowed to cover my face with sweat!" Ever since I was a kid I've believed that I have a slight ability to control things with my mind and I was counting on that telekinetic power during the ceremony. But my body let me down. The amount of sweat beading down my forehead and dripping off my nose was ridiculous! I was talking with Dennis about how I can correct this situation and he told me to install fans in my suit...but what would that do to my hair?!? I think I'll just stuff ice packs in the pockets next time.

Probably the funniest part of the wedding for me was hitting on Robyn while in the process of marrying her brother and Natasha. I, along with many others, am jealous of Natasha for securing the Roste name and I wanted everyone to know that Robyn is my ticket into the family. So I told them that for years now I've tried to get with Robyn and I'm not losing hope! I have a feeling that comment hindered my chances...

So that was my funniest moment...and what was the second funniest moment? During the reception Robyn and Jordie were explaining the kissing rules for the bride and groom. Instead of tinkling the glasses, whenever someone up front said the word "couple" a couple's name would be pulled out of the jar and they would have to perform a kiss that the newlyweds would then copy. So just as they're explaining this...some unknown comic yells from the back, "DAN AND ROBYN!" How embarrassing!!!

(This is what it would have looked like)

I also loved the parent's speeches! Natasha's dad (Dean) was awesome. My only regret of the whole event is I wish I could have been there when the Mom's were telling off the hotel staff for not being ready for the reception. I know I could learn a lot about yelling from Corrine! I should shadow her one day and take notes.

7 comments:

Jerthom said...

Hey Dan...I didn't read this blog entry yet (I will I'm just lazy right now) I'm assuming that it says you married some babe (as you are kissing her) and Michael Jordan is pretty ticked with you stealing his lady...anyways my question is simple...Why do they call you Cooper??

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

Cooper is my camp name. Do you know what a cooper is? Someone who makes barrels...

rachel joy said...

Teresa, how thoughtless of you ... I gave Poor Jonny my kleenex. I didn't seem to need it. Jon if you're out there reading this, we love you still!

Dan - is Robyn your girl or not? She's lovely.

Jaclyn_Rose said...

You didn't even tell your own sister that you had a girlfriend?? Now I must yell at you!

Nater said...

The development of this comment line of thinking was like the game "gossip" or "telephone." I shall continue it: What!?! Dan, you got married? And are having twins?

brent said...

"unknown" indeed: it was me!

arbyn said...

*shakes fist*