Saturday, November 10, 2007

Thoughts...

I used to love Full House.


In fact, our whole family loved the entire TGIF lineup!






Why?!? What?!?

I used to LOVE Van Damme movies. Seriously...and Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Dolph Lundgren, Steven Seagal, etc, etc...










These were my favorite movies at age 13!!!!!!!!
What the?!? Huh???


(Okay, I actually still love the movies Timecop & Total Recall)

The reason I can't stand these shows now is because I am intelligent and they are shallow. Now, I'm pretty sure I got my intelligence from my parents, but seeing as how they enjoyed these shows as well (in their adults years) makes me wonder.


I have a sneaking suspicion my Dad is/was a smart guy. I mean, he did crossword puzzles a lot (and he did free the slaves...). Does that say something? I remember overhearing him have a deep theological discussion with my uncle. Now that's what I'm talking about!


My mom is smart, the only way I beat her at Scrabble is by cheating (it's for your own ego mom!). But anytime I try to have deep conversations with my mom about theological issues she usually just smiles at me until I'm done talking.

So why did my parents love to watch these shows and thus make us think these shows were great things to fill our minds with??? (Oh, I should note my mom is smart because she doesn't/didn't like the Van Damme type movies)


I don't get it.

1 comment:

Jaclyn_Rose said...

You are so mean to our parents!! hehe

I should have totally used that full house pic on my blog because stephanie is holding a penguin!

2-in-1!