Sunday, November 25, 2007

Things are changing...


When I was in Grade 11 I used to go to Subway a lot with my friend Josh. We went so much that one time I went in and the guy said, "The usual?" That's power! Well, I would ask for pretty much everything on my sandwich, and I determined that there was something on there that was making my sub taste a little funny. I quickly narrowed it down to olives and from then on have given up on the creepy black things.

Until...I went for supper with the Saucy's last month and they served up this super sweet chicken dish. However, I was a little leery when I first saw it cause it looked like there were jalapenos on it, and everyone knows how well I do with spicy stuff. Well, as I'm eating it I realize these are olives!!! But wait...I really like this! That was odd.
And then a few days later I'm standing in line at Subway and I get this taste in my mouth. Is this a craving for olives?!?! What is going on here????? I asked for black olives on half my sub to test it out. And it was bliss!!!! So now, after 12 years of boycotting I regularly put olives on my sub! What an amazing story...

I think this might be because I am somewhat growing up. My buddy Dennis got married and I got to be his best man. He gave me this awesome watch, which to be honest, when I first saw it I thought, oh man, how can I wear this, it's a grownup watch?!? Well, I've been wearing it and I cannot tell you how many people compliment me on it (and many people are shocked that I would wear such a watch).


Thanks Dennis!

So, those are two signs that I am growing up...yay.

4 comments:

that's us... said...

i guess there comes a time when we must grow up and eat olives...

Jaclyn_Rose said...

Awww...my little brother is growing up *sigh*

hehe

We are similar in so many ways its just rediculous...I can't think of an example at the moment, but I'm always having those "olive" moments...and Conor just shakes his head at me.

Anonymous said...

How about Pickles??

Ashley Ronnell said...

Pickles! Please, that's the oldest trick in the book.