Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lucid Dreaming


There have been a few times in my life when I've been dreaming and became aware that I was in dream, thus giving me some control in my dream state. These are known as Lucid Dreams.

In one dream I was hiking or something with some people near a large cliff. Somehow I became semi-conscious and realized I was dreaming. I told myself to jump off the cliff, because in a dream I would not get hurt...however, I chickened out and did not have complete faith that I was dreaming.


It had been awhile since I have had a lucid dream, but a couple nights ago I had another one! I was in a parking lot with someone else and I began folding up my bike to put it in my backpack. The lady said, "Why are you folding your bike when you need to use it to get home?" I then recalled earlier in my dream when I was riding my bike there, yet I had my bike folded up in my backpack. I soon realized the impossibility of this situation and deduced that I was dreaming! Unfortunately I also began to panic because in the past whenever I realized I was dreaming, I would wake up shortly after. So what did I do with this limitless power in such short notice? Did I jump in the air and take flight? Did I transport myself to another time and place? No...I decided to make out with this unknown lady. What can I say, it's been awhile...

And of course, I immediately woke up, but with a new vigor and passion to master this ancient art. Soon I will be able to fly, bend time and space, and make out with whomever I want for however long I want!

8 comments:

that's us... said...

you're funny dan! i totally know the power of controlling dreams. so weird.

what's with me being #15 on your list??? come on!!! i'm exciting and fun and interesting and all---and of course your favourite- what's the deal- must i rage???

that's us... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Ronnell said...

Frick I'm so jealous! (Not about the making out with strangers part.)

chelsea rae said...

couldn't you have just played cards with her...geesh!!!

chelsea rae said...

p.s. i love that first picture...my favorite movie!

Jaclyn_Rose said...

I was curious so I looked at the blog that you don't recommend - but why did you call is Tonya Harding?? Just cuz she's a figure skater?

kathleen marie said...

First of all...that is hilarious. Secondly - I'm honored to be in the top 5. I figured I'd whittled down to ony having Sandra Plett as my faithful reader!

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

If it was because she is just a figure skater, Jackie, I would have used someone like Tara Lipinski.