Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Pastor Dan Strikes Back!

So, our Senior Pastor went on vacation for 6 weeks, and our Worship Pastor is also taking some time off. Therefore, I AM IN CONTROL!!!!!

For the next two Sundays I am preaching (service starts at 10am):

July 8 - The Parable of the Guy Who Got Beat Up (one of Jesus' finest parables)

July 15 - Harry Potter and the Christian Response (yeah I know, I get to preach about Harry Potter!!??!?)

Then the next Sunday I'm leading worship. Yippee Ki Yay Mother Teresa!

OH, and did I mention I have to take the youth to the waterslides next week! Bummmmmer.
(not to mention play games with them like I did today).

OH OH, and did I also forget to mention that I am housesitting for Pastor Dave...

and that they own a NINTENDO WII!!!!!!


















and that THEY ALSO OWN
"THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


this could be the best summer of my life.

4 comments:

DAve and JAnie said...

Oh la la. The pay sucks (i should know.. try buying girl clothes and baby clothes on your salary!) but the work is fun.. or so I am told when I ask why Dave doesn't have a different job. Right now actualy we are doing the wii thing, with a youth guy!
All this to say.. I play zelda too!
Have fun

Megs said...

sooooooo are you going to invite us over to play wii!? hmmm and I hope i can make it for your harry sermon. i'm tres intersted!

arbyn said...

Hmm I'm not sure I like your choice for the Harry Potter sermon. I thought we were so much more creative than that!

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

i knew you were going to say that about the title, after we wrestled with it for 2 hours! i wasn't completely happy with Jesus Christ and the Harry Potter Phenomenon, and i had to turn in my title, so i went with that one.