Friday, July 27, 2007

An Angel Mowed My Lawn.

Being the procrastinator that I am, I had been putting off mowing the Pastor's lawn (I'm housesitting) for quite some time. Then it started raining, and it didn't stop for a week. So the lawn has been in desperate need of having a good mow.

So I was going to do it on Tuesday night, but I got to talking on the phone and it was quite late by the time I got home. As I pull into the driveway, do my eyes deceive me??? The front lawn has been mowed!

I can't believe it...I then look in the backyard. It's not mowed. Peculiar!?! So these are my two theories:

1. An angel mowed my lawn, but for some reason only mowed the front. And he also left all the clippings on the lawn. Hmm, I guess angels don't mow very many lawns.

2. My neighbour has been complaining to his wife how awful my lawn looks, but couldn't muster the courage to tell me off, so in desperation one Tuesday evening he came over and mowed it himself, muttering hateful words under his breath. And it makes sense why he wouldn't mow the backyard, it's not visible and doesn't touch his property. So, umm, should I be thankful??

Hmm, I'm going to stick with the Angel Theory. Now I just need to rake up the leftover clippings.

1 comment:

that's us... said...

yay for being one of those who will still actually post on your blog! i'll keep you to this---that darn facebook!

good seeing ya last week dan!