Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Yelling Experience #2

(this post has been edited because Robyn tipped Shane off to it's existence)

Shane is a great guy!


This is one of those guys who can be so much fun one minute, but the next he is incredibly awesome. I would like to share with you a number of memorable fun moments and then the build up to my second yelling experience.

When we got to Tyson's house in California, we discovered that they now have a huge black lab named Jesse. Jesse is a great dog and a lot of fun (especially when he walks backwards through the kitchen?!?). On his own, he's great, but put him with my buddy Shane and you have instant entertainment. I had no idea that Shane gets freaked out easily by moving creatures. After seeing Jesse jump up on him once and Shane freaking out, Tyson and I could not resist bringing them together as often as possible. The laughter was amazing as Tyson would call "Stellin!" (the command to play fight) as he pointed at Shane. This dog will jump up on you and play bite your arms or your legs and he reacts even more if you try to get away. Poor Shane!


See how terrifying Jesse is!!

Shane also had a hard time at Disneyland with the 3D interactive movies. Anytime something flew at his face he would lose it! I will never ever forget the end of "It's tough to be a bug!" when Flik warns you of bugs crawling around and your seat starts to move like there's bugs under you. We were in the front row and Shane jumped so high and yelled so loud!!!! Priceless...



But no one since my sister has encouraged me as much as this guy. Shane is a very touchy guy and for the most part I could handle it, but when I'm tired and a bit exhausted from the heat, I just wanted to be with him even more. When we'd be driving sometimes he'd lean on the back of the seat and pat my head or rest his arms on my shoulder. At night he was always trying to snuggle with me in bed. Whenever it started to bother me I would politely ask him to give me some space, but when he wouldn't I found myself physically assaulting him.


I'm such a nice guy! Where is this coming from?!?! I probably hit him at least 10 times the whole trip. One time I even punched him in the jaw (but I think it hurt me more than him).

The last night of our trip I was so happy to be with him...while we were with Tyson I had no plans or knowledge of anything going on around us, we were just shadowing Tyson everywhere. Yet, he would constantly ask me, "What's the plan, Dan?" To which I would reply, "I have no clue, ask Tyson." I don't know how many times I clearly spelt out for him that I had no idea what was going on and he needed to talk to Tyson if he really wanted to know. BUT NO!!! He would not grasp that simple concept and on our last night we're driving to this place. Tyson driving, me in the front seat, and Shane in the back. And Shane asks me (with Tyson sitting right there), "So Dan, what's going on at this thing tonight?" And that was it, I was finished. I don't totally remember, but I think I asked Tyson if I should yell at him. All I remember is turning in my seat, looking directly at him, and just letting go.


"I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE ARE DOING AT THIS THING! WHY DO YOU KEEP ASKING ME WHAT IS GOING ON WHEN IVE TOLD YOU I DONT KNOW?!?!? STOP ASKING ME WHAT THE PLANS ARE CAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!

I'm sure I yelled more, but you get the idea. I have never yelled like that at anyone, it was amazing. Even Captain Keller in the school play didn't reach that level of intensity. I think I could actually see Shane's hair and skin blow back like in the cartoons. Wow! It felt really good!!!

Unfortunately, Shane discovered a new way to pester me, but I just resorted to punching for the rest of the trip. But I have to say, Shane is awesome...he will be one of those guys that I will probably stay in touch with all my life. He pisses me off sometimes, but who doesn't?

7 comments:

Flip Flops Anonymous said...

What up Pan Deters?! I mean, Dan Peters. This is Maia :) I'm not going to lie, I'm not very familiar with this infamous thing known as 'a blog'. Generally youth pastors are pretty 'computer savvy' though...too much free time on their hands...haha, j/k. I have a myspace with my msn account, but I don't think that really 'counts'. I guess that makes me a 'blog poser'. Anyways, thanks for the laughs yesterday. You and Tys holding hands and skipping off into the distance brought a tear to my eye. I mean *cough* you and Tyson don't hold hands and skip! I hope you have a great rest of your summer! Come and hang out with us anytime :) bee_maia@hotmail.com. Peace out!

Megs said...

I just gotta say, having pictures in your blog TOTALLY adds to my comprehension (crap did i spell that right?! you can tell me...really!haha-) of the story and makes me laugh even harder! YAY I made it on the link sidebar, I feel so honoured!

i'm sorry the old Disney wound acted up tonight, you totally just should have yelled!!

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

yay! you spelled it right!

Tyco Montoyo said...

I think my ears are still ringing from that scream

arbyn said...

I am so sorry... he totally tricked me!

sneaky boy that shane...

Roberto said...

I have no idea who you are... or who Shane is... but that was a damn good rant.

That's what blogs are for : )

Ashley Ronnell said...

Ha! Funny.