Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I Can't Do Accents!

So these guys from my youth decided to make a little movie and I was pleasantly surprised when they asked me to play a small role in it. UNTIL...I found out I had to do an accent! There was a time when I loved to do accents, but that joy has since been crushed. I think it had something to do with the fact that everytime I talked in an accent I would immediately hear, "That's awful! What kind of accent is that?!?" Whenever I would say "Dear me!" in my infamous British accent, people would think I was saying, "D M A!" So now I just say DMA whenever I'm surprised. Anywho, these guys wanted me to be this Russian arms dealer and I've never even attempted to do a Russian accent before.

Let me be honest...I suck at Russian accents! I would have had more fun if it was a British accent or an Arnold Schwarzenegger, but this was brutal. Remarkably, they loved my performance and decided to even use one of my lines in their trailer. So without further ado, try to catch my breakthrough performance in M.I.I.V.....

6 comments:

Jaclyn_Rose said...

I agree - you never could do accents! Hehe

kinneyland said...

I really did think you were always saying DMA, i'm sorry. You could have done a Russian accent like McFly and just got high pitch, but maybe the kids wouldn't want you in the movie

Ashley Ronnell said...

Hey Robyn, how's it going?

arbyn said...

hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

find my comment to you! (a different comment...)

that's us... said...

what a performance dan! (happy b-day along time ago by the way- i guess my comment didn't work back when) i am so inspired- you should quit your job and run off to LA, then you'll become famous and forget all us little people who helped you along the way- what a jerkish thing to do dan- he he- anyways- talk to ya later!
teresa:)

Ashley Ronnell said...

I can't find it. This game sucks.