Saturday, March 15, 2008

I Continue to Change

I drink coffee now...


This is not normal. I've tried a few times in history to drink coffee, but I wouldn't have it. Then something changed.

Someone from my church offered me Canucks tickets, but with a catch. I had to take a friend of his family as a blind date. Free tickets...blind date...fo shizzle!!! So I went to pick up the tickets from him at his workplace. When I got there we started talking and he offered me a cup of coffee. It was an odd situation because normally I would say no, but considering I didn't know him well, there were free tickets on the way, and we would be chatting awhile I said sure. And this is when I did something I hadn't normally done.


I added cream and sugar. Not just a little. A heaping portion! I figured this would be the only way I could get this stuff down my throat. But as I started drinking it dawned on me that I actually kinda liked it.


That was the first major breakthrough. The second came at my Aunt's funeral the next week (and I've been meaning to post on that, but you know me...). After the service we were sitting around chatting and I got thirsty. And I saw coffee there. And I decided, let's try this again. And I did. And it was good!

Well, since then I hadn't drank much, but in the last couple months I have had a whole heck of a lot more coffee than I've ever had in my life. So much that I'm considering buying a coffee maker. What?!?!?! What is going on here!!!!!!!!


Is this my future?

6 comments:

Jaclyn_Rose said...

Are you still adding tonnes of cream and sugar?? Cuz you're gonna rot your teeth out!

Unknown said...

On my theology course last year, I used to get so sleepy that coffee really was the only way. It was a total last resort because I can't stand it, but my friend made it very very strong and loaded it with milk and sugar. I may not have been paying much attention, but dammit I was awake! Hahah.

I haven't tried it since, but maybe some day :)

Megs said...

wow! there is a lot of stuff to catch up on i gather from this wee post on coffee!!

rachel joy said...

Speaking of your future ... when's the blind date?

arbyn said...

Welcome to my world, pastor Dan.

Ashley Ronnell said...

You also had one of those SICK banana magic drinks while you were here.