Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Holy Day with Conor - Day Three

Sunday was here. Jackie had to work at the Catholic bookstore, so Conor and I went to Mass on our own. I wore pants today. I think it was the only time I wore pants down under. I also shaved my moustache.


St. Patrick's Cathedral. Pretty sweet building.




I think this was our entrance.


We took the tram to get there.
We took the tram everywhere. I kinda thought it was fun at first. Conor doesn't like to talk on the tram. I have to be honest, I think that's kinda weird...

While at Mass I went up for a blessing during the Eucharist, except I don't think I was doing my arm positions right cause the Priest kept trying to give me the wafer. He finally figured it out and asked if I was Catholic. To which I replied, "Hell NO!" Haha, I'm kidding (was that blasphemous, should I delete that??).

After Mass Conor and I ate and did a little shopping (I needed to buy a few Xmas prezzies for Jack and Conrad). For lunch I had a kebab, which confused me, cause whenever I would think of a kebab, I would think of a shish kebab...And in a Flight of the Conchords song they talk about eating a kebab with some girl, and I thought, "That's a weird thing to say." And even on the TV show when they get to that song she is holding a shish kebab.


See.

Well, it made more sense to me when I ate a kebab, because it is actually just like a gyro or donair which I've eaten before in Canada, but I didn't realize those are types of kebabs. So I think for the TV show they used a shish kebab cause Americans probably think of a shish kebab when they say kebab in the song. But you see, a shish kebab is on a skewer and grilled whereas a gyro has the meat rotated on a big pole. That was a lame-o story (but I enjoyed telling it).


Gyro: Greek for turn. GYROscope, GYRate, get it???

Then we went and visited Jackie and called my Mom cause it was her birthday. She didn't sound too excited to hear my voice. Guess I hadn't been gone long enough :) Then Conor and I went around town and ended up at the Art Gallery. Here are some photos:


A shield. It was really big.


Nice hats.


Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion, Upset Stomach, Diarrhea


Life and Death


I took these for Ting, only to discover Conor is also a fan.


Number 2


Number 3


Number 4








Indian art is so unusual to me.




I'm in love....(too bad my moustache is gone)


I thought this picture of fireworks coming off the Eiffel Tower was cool. This was from an exhibit on World Fairs.


The weather was spectacular!


More downtown


The big Australia/India cricket match was coming up so they had this sand sculpture downtown.


The lovely city Christmas tree. There were often people singing or performing Christmas stuff by the tree.

Well, the rest of the day I cannot remember what I did. Maybe Jackie can refresh my memory? Conor made an incredible supper as always. I think I did the dishes once while I was there. They must have been so pissed off.

I think I tried sleeping again on the air mattress even though it would lose air - End of Day Three.

No comments: