Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Dennis Got Married - Part 1

So, Dennis and Eunmi got married on Saturday. It was an intense wedding. I was honoured to be Dennis' Best Man. We had the bachelor party a week ago. Our first stop was Whistler Bungee...


The four of us - Dennis, Marcus, Me, and Mike


"The Bridge"


Dennis' First Jump


My First Jump


My Second Jump

The jump was actually super comfortable and sooo much fun! It was just gut-wrenching on the platform and the first couple seconds in the air. The first jump felt like I was being sucked down a drain pipe, it was unbelievable!!!

After the bungee-jumping we drove back to Burnaby and met up with some other guys at Boston Pizza.


Steve, Justin, Dennis

Then we went back to Steve's place and played some classic card games, followed up by a dip in the hot tub.


The whole crew

But before we could let Dennis get into the hot tub, we had to do a little bit of hazing. As he came out of the change room we held him down and covered him with kids paints.


Poor guy...


Then we locked him outside!

The whole day turned out better than I thought it would! It was great taking the jump with my buds and then getting to know Dennis' other friends. I'm especially glad we got a chance to surround Dennis and pray for him and Eunmi. I hope we continue to be a support them over the years.

5 comments:

Jaclyn_Rose said...

I can't believe you went bungee jumping!! I'm surprised...I could NEVER do that!

You looked terrified for the first one, did you almost pass out? haha

that's us... said...

what an awesome time! i'm peeing myself just thinking of bungee jumping- think i'd have to be blindfolded and thrown over if i ever did it. you guys are awesome friends to dennis...especially the painting part---oh i mean praying for him and eunmi...now i can't wait for the pink tie photos!!!

Jerthom said...

Whistler bungee is awesome...that's where I went...now I can go anytime for just 40 bucks a jump...we should go sometime...so much fun.

arbyn said...

holy. I'm so impressed. I don't think I could ever do that.

Megs said...

DUDE! i didn't know you went bungee jumpin that's freakin' rad. i'd love to do that...soo freakin' but awesome!