Saturday, May 05, 2007

Australia?!?

My sister (Jackie) and brother-in-law (Conor) are in Australia. I was going to visit them this summer, but my mind got changed for 2 reasons:

1. I had learned that my friends Maia, Natasha, and Corrie were going to be in Melbourne at Christmas with a number of other fun and exciting people.


2. The weather is nicer around that time because it is summer in Australia.


So I made new plans to visit Jackie and Conor over New Years. Then a month ago I found out Maia is not going to Australia now, and neither is her friend Anne (who is also my friend...sorta, i think (i've never met her) we're facebook friends at least.).

So that's one friend down (well, 2 if you count Anne...I hope you do). That was the first bomb to drop on my plans.


And then came the napalm! Two nights ago Natasha informs me that she and Corrie will not be going to Melbourne (where my sister lives). Instead they'll mainly be in Sydney. What a letdown!!!


So that has caused a rethinking on my part. When I really sat down to think about it, going around New Years would be brutally hot, and everyone knows how well I do with heat.

But then, a ray of hope broke through the clouds. Jackie informed me that she might be able to afford going to New Zealand. That is exciting news! I had pitched the idea to her awhile ago, but it didn't sound promising. Hopefully this will salvage the trip that was destroyed by my "friends". So now all I can do is stare off into the sunset and dream of what adventures might await me...


5 comments:

Megs said...

awe dan! what a sad/amusing post. you sure have traveled a lot this year! that's awesome! i'm just a tad jealous.

cheers to travels!...wherever it may be.

Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Never say never. Anne and I aren't sure where we'll be next year...but it MAY be Australia, at least for a short time :)
Wherever you end up, you'll have an awesome time with Conor and Jackie.
Next year is just one big question mark for us all I suppose...

arbyn said...

um... I'm going to be in Australia/NZ in December...

Jaclyn_Rose said...

Hey, not to put another wrench in your plans - but we aren't 100% positive we wanna go to NZ yet, the money would be a good thing to go home with if we don't have work set up for us right away :S But we're still thinking about it!

:)

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

Yeah Jackie, I realize you aren't 100% about NZ.

And Robyn...I totally forgot you were going to be there!!! Another ray of hope!