Monday, April 23, 2007

the "stolen" car

i had another dream last night.

one of my youth leaders, marcel, was driving me home after church. as we're driving he tells me,

"my car got stolen last week, but ICBC won't give me any money for it because it was given to me as a gift."

"what a letdown...ICBC! so who's car is this?" I reply.

"well, i still need a car to get to school, so my friend came up with an idea. she had been wanting to get a new car, so she suggested i 'steal' her car and ICBC will give her the money, and i will have a car for myself!"

this didn't sit well in my stomach...i couldn't just sit there and not say anything,

"ultimately it's your choice, but i have to share my opinion. i don't think it's right to do something like that where you are being dishonest. you feel justified in screwing ICBC because they screwed you over, but that's not the way God wants us to live. that's all i have to say."

"wow, you're blunt! yeah, you're right, i guess i'll be taking the bus to school for now." marcel grudgingly said.

then i woke up. after thinking about it in bed i realized how could he get her car insured if she had declared it stolen? logic foils my dreams again! and why do i often act like a moral police officer in my dreams???

1 comment:

kortney said...

But my question is can ICBC really do that if it was given as a gift?