Saturday, January 24, 2009

I Forgot to Mention

The reason why I am suddenly so inspired in Hitchcock again is because of a new book I bought about him. When I was purchasing it I wondered to myself, "Why did I never finish the first Hitchcock book I have?" I then started reading this book and realized immediately why. Because in these books, the author, Donald Spoto, goes through all his movies, spoilers and all. And of course, if you know me well enough you know that I hate knowing even the plot of a story before I get into it.

So I need to watch all these movies so I can finally read the books I've been dying to read for some time. And I would like to invite you to join me, if you are interested. Here are a list of the 20 Hitchcock movies I will be watching in the next while. Let me know if any sound interesting to you. The hardest films to watch are marked with an *.

Silent Films

The Pleasure Garden

Downhill
The Ring
Easy Virtue
The Farmer's Wife
Champagne
The Manxman

Sound Films

Juno and the Paycock *
Murder! *
The Skin Game *
Number Seventeen *
Waltzes from Vienna *
The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934 version)
Secret Agent
Sabotage
Jamaica Inn *

More Professional Films

Rebecca
Lifeboat
The Paradine Case
Under Capricorn *

No comments: