Thursday, February 07, 2008

Happy birthday, Jesus. Sorry your party is so lame! - Day Five


Christmas is a special time of the year. It's a time when people of all colours, creeds, and religions, throw a party in honour of their Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Son of God. This day is all for you Jesus!


If you can believe it, this is the second Christmas in a row where I woke up sleeping on a cot, across the ocean, wearing a crown, opening my stocking, with no shirt on!


Conor checking out his sweet stocking (thanks Santa!!!)


Conor and I were blessed by Jesus with ginormous heads.


Look at all the presents!!!


Conor opening his first gift.


He cannot contain his excitement...a tree ornament, just what he was hoping for!!! (thanks mother-in-law)


Jackie's First Present


Not as excited as Conor, but there's still some joy there.


What could it be?!?!


It's a Sudoku Rubik's Cube!!!!

After we had our Christmas morning festivities, it was time for Conor's traditional Christmas hike. What?!? This is the complete opposite of every Christmas tradition I've ever celebrated...but when in Rome. Jackie was not happy about the hike, haha, which sucks for her cause she'll probably have to do it every year. It wasn't really a hike, instead we did a really long walk, or as Conor refers to it as, "My Constitutional." Now, why would he call it that? Because it improves the physical makeup of the individual especially with respect to the health, strength, and appearance of the body. I didn't know constitution also meant that. Word of the day for y'all!

Conor's Constitutional was pretty good times. Got to do a nice long walk along the river and over some bridges. Poor Jackie, this was the beginning of the breakdown of her constitution (well, really it was improving it, but it wouldn't be pleasant). With regard to my constitution, I think with the combination of Conor's cooking and activities such as the Christmas Hike, I had never had such consistent and healthy bowel movements in a long time. Thanks brother!

Later that evening we had Christmas dinner with a friend of Jackie and Conor's and someone we didn't know.


Prior to the meal I was quite frustrated with my Sudoku Cube.


But a little wine and delicious food took my mind off of it.


Seriously, Conor is amazing! Dang it was a good Christmas meal!


These are our guests, Clare and Friska. I will now tell you two stories about these two, and I'm sure they would not like to hear them, so if either of you are reading this post, maybe skip to the bottom.

Ever since I came to Australia I'd been waiting to hear that awful female Australian accent that makes me nauseous. But to my surprise, I hadn't heard it anywhere. I had been in Australia for five days and I had yet to hear it. In fact, all the accents I was hearing were actually very pleasant to my ears! Until.....Clare walked in the door. And immediately my brain triggered, this voice that I'm hearing is the accent I do not like. And it dawned on me, Clare is not from Melbourne, she is from up North. All along I had blanketed the whole continent with this horrible impression, but now I realized the truth...it was the northern female Aussie accent that I can't stand. I can't tell you how relieved I was when I made that discovery.

And then there's Friskas. That's all, no story really, I just like to call her Friskas.


Boy I look like an idiot here.

After a great day of Christmas cheer Conor and I watched a movie on TV late into the night. It was called Seducing Doctor Lewis. And I recommend it, we had a good laugh watching it. The weird thing was...as we watched it we couldn't quite figure out what country it was taking place in (cause we missed the first few minutes). The movie was in French but it kinda seemed like it was in Britain somewhere, or Ireland. Turns out the movie was Canadian!!!! Haha....machine.

End of Day Five.

No comments: