Thursday, December 06, 2007

Erm, I'm a little confused...


I went to A&W tonight for a quick bite to eat. I asked them if they had any 2 burger deals like they usually do. Instead that had a burger and fries deal, which upon closer inspection wasn't a deal, it was the same price as buying them individually. Seeing as how I don't really like fries that much I just asked for one burger.

And then it got a little weird...She wasn't punching anything in but she was looking at the register and was saying umm and uhh over and over. She asked me if it was for here and I said to go and she kept shifting around all suspicious like. She quickly ducked into the kitchen and mumbled something to the cook then came back.


Then under her breath she said, "I have an offer I'd like to propose to you." That was unexpected...it kinda sparked something inside me, like I was about to be recruited by a secret division of the CIA or something. She got the order for the guy who was before me and gave it to him and then turned back to me, "We have a new sirloin burger and I would like to offer that to you instead." Then she mumbled some more stuff about take out and how it tastes or something but I didn't quite grasp it.


But then I realized, she is giving me a free burger! So I was like, yeah for sure!!! So I stood there waiting kind of still in shock, not really sure what's going on here. From what she mumbled I figured the agreement was I try out this burger but I have to fill out some evaluation paper for them. I have no problems with that.


But then she gives me the burger in a bag to go. Huh?!? And there's no evaluation or anything. After giving me the burger she goes right to helping the next customer. I kinda stood there not really sure what to do. So eventually I just left...and drove away...not really sure what just happened...

WHY DID THEY GIVE ME A FREE BURGER????? What was the whole purpose there?? Cause I'm still scratching my head, seriously. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight...

4 comments:

Ashley Ronnell said...

Stop asking questions and go do the same thing tomorrow!

arbyn said...

I think that's her way of asking you out.

Jackson said...

have you considered the possibility that you stole the burger?

that's us... said...

she thought you were hot! i bet she wrote her phone # in mustard on the burger- too bad you already ate it.