Thursday, December 21, 2006

My Connections to Fame Increase

So the other day I'm watching Making The Video and it's on the new single by K-OS called Sunday Morning (click to the video library to watch it).

I kinda like the song so my interest was piqued. As I'm watching they go to the director to get his inside knowledge. I look at his name, "Drew Lightfoot"...huh, that's interesting, I went to high school with a Drew Lightfoot. And then it dawns on me, "Hey! That IS the guy!!!" I figured this guy would be going on to greater things in Hollywood, but I wasn't expecting him to be directing a music video. Turns out he's also worked on some other music videos and did some animation for The Corpse Bride.

I was in a couple plays with Drew. Here we are in The Show Must Go On. He's the one with the moustache. That was a fun play! He also did the lighting and/or sound (can't quite remember) when I was in The Miracle Worker.

So that's one more connection I have to fame. Here's the other:

I also went to high school with Evangeline Lilly from Lost! Wow, I'm so lame...I really need to get a life.

8 comments:

DAve and JAnie said...

I just finished spending 60 seconds clicking some dudes zit's away. Lucky guy, not all girls would pop zits for a dude. That's true love.

Somehow the experience was disgusting and satisfying. The ears ones really got to my sole... those ones hurt alot eh? Ahhhhhh. I feel like i need to wash my computer screen now. Very very dirty.

Have a jolly ol' time in England.

Janie

Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Wow...you know some great "hollywood legends" ;) My claim to fame...hmmm. I met most of the '94 Canuck team...the year we SHOULD HAVE taken the cup *sniff*!! (Dang the Rangers). In fact, I sat on Kirk McLean's lap!! (haven't showered since that day...). I also shook Prime Minister Cretien's hand. It was soft and leathery...it felt, old. I was an extra in an Oscar worthy film: Air Bud 2: Gold Reciever. A gem of a movie *cough* OH OH, I also met Bobby Orr!! My list is as impressive as yours ;) Haha.

Megs said...

you guys are lame..hahaha.

hey did you come into chapters!? if sooo i'm SOO sad i missed you! if not...SAD DAY. anyways buddy i really hope you like your hair, and that you have fun in victoria! and that you have such an amazing time in ENGLAND! AHHhhhh...eat lots of custard and walk many cobble stone roads...

MERRY CHRISTMAS DAN!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

For a while I thought that was the same girl! But I thought the girl from school was Nicole Lilly. Is Evangeline her Hollywood name or is it really not the same person?

Anonymous said...

well look at that. Wikipedia answered my question.

Anonymous said...

I thought you were kidding. And then I searched Evangeline Lilly on google, and you're right. I thought I was being gullible.

Anonymous said...

Hey Coopernicus,
I'm coming home on the 24th and I need to catch you before you go to England - I have a present for Robyn. So let's make it happen, I'll call you when I get there.

Jaclyn_Rose said...

Well I saw Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes today! Acutally I didn't - but there was a couple on the tram this morning that were both wearing ball caps and sun glasses and the guy has Tom's smile and the girl had brown hair...hehe

Maybe I'll get to meet the Pope - then I'll beat you for sure!